Thursday 10 September 2015

Has an actors political views ever turned you off from their Trek character?

I want to preface this with I do not want this to become a right vs left, conservative vs liberal, SJW vs Anti-SJW situation. I'm just looking to see if after you learned more about an actors political views has it turned you off from them.

I'll start by admitting I am a fairly liberal guy. I would classify myself as Liberal Libertarian. I am interested in hearing from all points of view.

That being said.

I started off with no great love for Wesley Crusher, but now that I am more aware of the world, I find Wheatons views take away from what little I liked about the character.

I also find myself a little put off because of Roxanne Dawson 'Be'lanna' because Dawson is a very dyed in the wool "Fox News" Republican.

On the flip sides, I tend to love what Sir Patrick Stewart has to say about things. The same coin would be Robert McNeill tends to agree with Sir Pat, but I find Mcneill offputting.

Maybe it's how they handle things, and hey they are individual people outside of their characters.

submitted by ReturnToFlesh84 to startrek
[link] [30 comments]



Seriously fun :
Star Wars PS4 1TB - Limited Edition

Join the game commmunity:
Xbox One Console

Miss this game a your peril:
Star Trek Legacy (PC DVD)
via tv_scifi subreddits curated by /u/hero0fwar

No comments:

Post a Comment